Thursday, February 21, 2013

Fiji Feb 21st Afternoon

When I first became a travel agent 24yrs ago the company I worked for sold the Blue Lagoon cruise in Fiji. I used to dream of one day of taking that cruise and swim in the Blue Lagoon. Well my dream came true today it was everything I thought it would be and more. Even though we had cloudy skies the water was crystal blue very shallow and warm. I will watch the movie again with Brooke Shields when I go home. We had the option of swimming in a fresh water cave at the lagoon which I did it was like been in another world amazing the water was cooler and very refreshing Kevin decided not to go in but he went inside the opening and saw part of it and took photos. It is fed from the mountains and by rain from an opening at the top with just enough light to see. Some of the crew climbed up a ragged rock formation and were jumping in they also took anyone who was brave enough to swim under water thru a tunnel to another cave that had very little light. Kevin took most of the photos today and I can't upload them till we get home. To end a perfect day we were invited to eat at the Captains Table which meant dressing up luckily I bought a new dress in OZ. One more day on the cruise and hoping for a sunny day. Mary Rose

Kevin after his hike soaking wet and happy

 

 
 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment