Friday, February 15, 2013

Sydney Feb 12th

Still cool but not raining so off we went to explore parts of Sydney we had not seen before. First stop was Bondi Junction we stepped out of the train station and there in front of me was a huge Mall - at last I got some retail therapy. It had very designer name you could think of with outrageous pricing to go with it. I did find a lovely dress at Laura Ashley on sale too:) we walked around the area then took a bus to Hyde Park and St Mary's church were I lit my candle which I like to do in any new church we visit. We then walked to the New South Wales Art Gallery which was amazing with lots of "aboriginal dot" art that I love. They do not charge to enter nor did they charge in NZ We or rather I had afternoon tea with scones jam and cream at the gallery yummy. After this we walked through the botanic gardens all the way to the Opera house. What a treat that was we saw flowers,trees and birds we never heard of before that took us nearly 2hrs. All the time the rain stayed away so it was perfect weather for all the walking we did. Back on the ferry to Manly was calmer this time. Kevin cooked steaks for supper with wine and cheese afterwards sitting on our deck listening to the waves: Mary Rose

 

1 comment:

  1. I remember that art gallery and the walk to the opera house that was the first thing I did when I arrived in Sydney . Wish I was there to enjoy the steak

    ReplyDelete