Thursday, February 21, 2013

Fiji Feb 21st morning

Once again an early start this time we took the tender to a village school to meet the children. What a teat first they sang and danced all of them have beautiful voices. Then they took us on a tour of their school I had a group of grade 4 boys take me they were so eager to show me everything and spoke perfect English. I took their photos with my IPad mini this fascinated them then I showed them photos of the snow with Sean and Tiaran playing this brought many more around me all anxious to see the snow and kids their age. They took out the Atlas to find Canada and Ireland and knew where they were. The village school has about 50 local children they live a very simple life far from the mainland yet at age 9 know their geography very well. There are two couples from Austria and Switzerland on the cruise and the kids immediately located the countries on the map. Kevin had little girls take him around they loved him as he asked all the right questions about their school and what they learn. Afterwards I came back on board while Kevin went on a hike up to an amazing view point he will post photos when we are at home. I watched them as white dots from the comfort of the ship:) when he came back he was soaking wet and loved the experience. It is overcast with a light drizzle today but nice and hot. Mary Rose

 

The Hikers

The

 

 

The hikers way there there somewhere

 

No comments:

Post a Comment